Bilge Blower problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilge Blower problem.

My blower has quit working. I replaced the fuse and the blower (the old blower was fine ) and it's still dead. The auto feature will not make it work and the switch under the dash will not make it work. Any thoughts?
    2010 RZ2

Are both batteries fully charged? Was the fuse actually blown? Is there voltage on both sides of the fuse with the blower turned on? Next, I would test for voltage across the 2 blower leads at the blower with the switch on.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Are both batteries fully charged? Was the fuse actually blown? Is there voltage on both sides of the fuse with the blower turned on? Next, I would test for voltage across the 2 blower leads at the blower with the switch on.
      The batteries are low but enough to start the engine, so I will try charging. The fuse was blown and has blown before if that's any help. Last time the fuse blew, the under dash switch would still work and changing the fuse fixed the issue. I will check for voltage at the blower.

Thanks chpthril, you are always a great help.

Comment

Sounds like you are going to find you have no power at the blower. I wonder if the source of your blown fuses were a short to ground/ wiring issue. It may have been intermittent prior and has completely broken now.

Comment

What size fuse are you using? IIRC, there was something about some boats leaving the factory with too small of a fuse for the blower used. Dont just automatically plug in a larger fuse, but look at the fuse size and what the blower manufacturer suggests.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X