X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU location

Where can I find the ECU and Data Link connector in a 2006 22i

Thanks

Marine power 5.7 will be pinned on exhaust riser, it has a dead end plug in it and a 12 pin connection.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
      Marine power 5.7 will be pinned on exhaust riser, it has a dead end plug in it and a 12 pin connection.
      Thanks I'll check
      Still can't get this thing to fire up...grrr

Comment

Coincidentally I was looking for the same thing. Front or back of riser on the MP? Couldn't see anything from the top but maybe I have to get down on the side?

Not to high jake your thread Lightening, but I wanted to let Boatwakes know I got a code reader and I'm hoping to get out this weekend and see what code pops when I get my alarm. I'll keep you posted.
        "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Originally posted by WYTige? View Post
          Coincidentally I was looking for the same thing. Front or back of riser on the MP? Couldn't see anything from the top but maybe I have to get down on the side?

Not to high jake your thread Lightening, but I wanted to let Boatwakes know I got a code reader and I'm hoping to get out this weekend and see what code pops when I get my alarm. I'll keep you posted.
          Which code reader did you get?

Comment

I got this one http://mefiburn.com/mefiscan.asp. I've visited quite a bit with Stingreye who is an owner and pointed me in this direction. I'm hoping to get out this weekend and test it out.
            "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Found the ECU...

Trying to diagnose why it won't start and run but the wiring diagram (Marine Power) that came with the boat doesn't match the wires coming from the ECU

anyone that can help???

Comment

You don't want to unplug ecu. Looks for the dlc plug. This website has pictures and should help some. http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/MEFI/
                Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Thanks Stingreye

We found the DLC but were looking to confirm operations of all components, (checking values at the ECU) the colors on that site don't match with what I have...closer than my manual though

with that we tried to hookup a conventional LED code reader but that didn't seem to work either

Comment

Were you able to determine which MEFI system it is using?
                    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                      Were you able to determine which MEFI system it is using?
                      It's a MEFI 4 , but some wire don't jive with Marine Power manual

Isn't there a replaceable part inside the distributor?

Comment

I changed the crank sensor, cam sensor, cap and rotor...
                        Fired right up...purrs like a kitten

The cap was pretty corroded/oxidized inside also...probably was the whole cause

Thanks everyone

Comment

Awesome!
                          Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Nicely Done!!!
                            "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Working...
                            X