no power at the ignition switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no power at the ignition switch

Ran the boat one day and all was fine. Next time, there was suddenly no power at the ignition switch. Some of the dash switches work. Checked all the fuses and battery connections that I can find. The wire that provides power to the ignition switch is dead. Traced it back as far as I can until it enters the wiring loom. It has continuity but no heat. Is there a fuse that I am missing? Or a broken wire someplace that I can't access it?

On the battery cable that attaches to the starter is a small white square, about 3/4" square. That square is a 90 amp fuse that gets it's power from the battery cable and distributes it to the power systems and dash. That little bastard has caused many a woe for many owners. You have two options: remove the fuse and attach the wires to the starter post or just replace with a new one, they're about $30 mercruiser p/n 88-79023A91.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

The fuse on the started was it! Thanks. Gotta say, after all the time I spent under the dashboard, I'm not impressed with Tige wiring.

Comment

Sweet.
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
        X