2 batteries and 2 amps wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 batteries and 2 amps wiring diagram

I have recently wired up a blue sea switch, blue sea ACR, 2 batteries & 2 amps. Below is a picture of how I have it wired up, can someone let me know if this looks like a correct way to wire it up. What could I do better...

Thanks guys
    boat 2 batterys and 2 amps wiring diagram.pdf

Let me offer some suggestions that I would do differently with a traditional dual battery switch and ACR.

ACR control ground = 30A fuse is too large for 16ga wire. Drop to a 10A max.

Amp grounds should go directly to the one of the batteries, not all the way to the engine block. 1) a shorter cable run is always better and 2) its allows the battery to better serve as an electrical filter so to speak.

Amps' B+ trunk can go battery #2 direct, as opposed to the switch #2 post. Which is a shorter run? No need to draw through that switch post, since the ACR feeds battery #2 with alternator current. That 150A trunk line fuse needs to be within 18" of the source. If the amps have there own internal fusing, then additional fusing for the 4ga branch cabling is not needed, just locate the distribution block close, to keep those 4ga branches short.

Battery #2 GND cable can go to battery #1 GND post.

Mount the ACR right above or below the switch and keep those 2 4ga cables short and you can do away with those two 150A fuses.

If the batteries are located in the bilge/engine bay area of the boat, im partial to a breaker as opposed to a fuse.

*QUESTION*

Whats the distance between the switch and the amps? 2ga for a 6 and 8 chnl amps could be a tad light.

I'll probably come back to this schematic a few more time this weekend, so I may have more to add later.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

CHPthrill
      So I made some changes with the info. you provided.
      1) changed the 30A fuse to a 10A
      2) Pulled the AMP grounds from the motor and put on Battery #2
      3) Pulled the AMP positives from the switch post and put it on Battery #2 positive.

Also my amp positive fuse to the end that connects to the batters is only 8". I have a battery on each side of the boat, so i have to have a fuse for ACR. The distance from my AMPs to switch was about 19' now since i put the + & - to Battery 2 its about 16'

What else? Thanks for the tips..

Comment

I have a battery on each side of the boat, so i have to have a fuse for ACR
        With the ACR located near the switch, those can be eliminated

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X