Tige Accu-Set Touch Panel Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige Accu-Set Touch Panel Fix

After my Accu-Set cruise control stopped working suddenly, I did some research on it. Turns out a few of you have this problem, but no solutions.

My boat is a Marine Power 5.7L 2006 22i. My speedometer was working fine (see my other posts if your speedo/paddle wheel is not working). I would turn on the cruise switch, but no light would come on when I hit the center of the oval control panel. My local Tige dealer was bad at best to return calls. Waiting for a new panel was going to be weeks (that is all of summer in Canada). I called PerfectPass, they do not support any product to the Tige 5.7L Marinepower. So I was out of luck. So I dug.

Here's what worked for me:

Unplug the control panel in your dash.
    Undo the two nuts from the 2 bolts holding the panel down to the dash.
    Clean all of the male contacts (rubbing alcohol is good).
    Remove the 4 Phillips screws from the back of the panel.

You will see that the panel has 3 layers - the top black thin plastic. A middle clear plastic. And the black thick plastic that makes up the base of the switch/housing.

We want to pull apart the plastic layers (pull off the top black layer, and leave the clear layer stuck to the housing). BUT, you only need to pull off one side, up to the middle of the panel (no need to pull off the entire black surface plastic)

As you pull off one side, you will notice a small metal square. Remember which way is up.

Keep pulling off the plastic until you get to the middle of the switch. You will notice a smaller metal concave square. This is the problem (at least on my boat).

What happens, is after a lot of use, the metal starts to flatten out, and the computer will see this as a fault and not engage cruise. Your LED indicator light is likely fine.

I reshaped the metal piece to be more concave. Clean all the metal contacts, and the square with rubbing alcohol. Install it back the same way it came out.

Apply the plastic down around the switch, make sure the metal piece is well centered.

Put it all back together. Worked for me, and saved a lot of time and money. 15 minute fix.

Hope this helps others.

Mine had a similar issue but fixing the snap dome switch didn't work permanently. It would work in the driveway at home but when I got out to the lake, it didn't work. I still need to send to WA_Boating and have him look at it.

Comment

Working...
    X