How to Upgrade Tige Touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Upgrade Tige Touch

I have a 2012 Z3 serial #100. I have never upgraded my Tige touch. I would appreciate some feed back / advice particularly on the following questions.
    1) Have there been significant improvements?
    2) Is the software version model specific?
    3) How do I get the new version of software?
    4) How do I update? Have read there are issues about formatting of USB and using Windows PC, not Mac etc.

I particularly hate the fact that the Tige Touch resets the profile etc when the key is turned off. I turn off the motor when someone is getting into or out of the water or just getting their gear on. I probably have set the profile to fill the ballast for them first, but then if I start the motor I have to reset the profile again. It remembers how full the ballast is, but not what profile I was on. Wonder if that has improves or other improvements are particularly nice to have.

Hi Dieter from a fellow Albertan!

1) I just upgraded to the latest version and can tell you that there's not much in the way of significant improvements - at least not that are visible. I noticed that ballast timers now can be set with minutes and seconds.
    2) I don't believe that the software is model specific at all.
    3) PM me with your email address and I can send you the new file.
    4) Format USB stick with FAT32 on a PC and copy the file to the root directory. With TTouch off, plug into USB port under dash. Power up TTouch and the update should start on its own. Takes about 4 minutes and will reboot.

As for the resetting of profiles with the ignition, the easiest solution is the TTouch magic button install.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...t=magic+button
    2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

Working...
    X