High ambient air temp effects stereo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High ambient air temp effects stereo?

Has anyone had issue with their head unit in high temps? Here in Wenatchee,WA we are at 100+ degrees. 105 as measured by TT at one point . Yesterday I was playing the stereo via a USB stick and my tower and rear speakers went dead. The front speakers sounded garbled and crackly. It seemed that opening the glove box or the front compartment would fix the issue for a while. Increasing the volume on the head unit also seemed to correct the problem at one point. Any ideas what might cause this? Is it the heat or do I need to look into getting something replaced? I did check the light on the Syn6 and it was a steady blue like normal. As all speakers were effected I am leaning towards something is going on with the head unit.

My setup:
    Syn 6- Cabin and Sub
    Exile s400.4? Tower speakers

Trent

Yes, and IIRC, that head-unit is fan cooled. So if the fan is not running, this can amplify the issue. With the unit powered up, make sure the fan is running.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks. I will check for that next time I go out. Is the fan something you can actually see or hear? I went looking through the manual and couldn't find any mention of it.

Comment

Working...
      X