2014 Z3 Touchscreen fuzzy and cutting out / blinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Z3 Touchscreen fuzzy and cutting out / blinking

So I've now got a whopping 46 hours on my '14 Z3 and I'm adding another issue to the list. A touchscreen. Who's genius idea was it to install these things on a BOAT?

The screen is blinking very spastically. It only lasts a split second... and now we've got some fuzziness going on. The screen basically bounces back and fourth about 1mm but it does it about 30 times a second. It looks like something is coming loose or unhooked. The dealer JUST went through it's 20 hour and connected 5 loose connections. I'm SO irritated!!!!

So, I've now had the following issues:

1. Three Cracks on my swim platform from the showroom
    2. My tube/ski towhook has caused a stress crack
    3. My Wet Sounds EQ has blown 6 fuses (finally replaced it with a 30 and that fixed it *sofar)
    4. 02 sensor caused me to lose a day on the water due to Tige being negligent and not fully testing the new motor or they would have had this problem themselves
    5. Totally lost our sound yesterday. No signal to the speakers....just power
    6. Upholstery is coming undone on the seat where you access the trashcan (discovered this during the demo)
    7. Crack in gelcoat around the rear of the boat where the screws go into the rub rail
    8. Touchscreen is about to go out or at least it seems that way with the fuzziness we're now experiencing

We had a 2005 Nautique 210 for 9 years and never had a single issue... Not one.

3. My Wet Sounds EQ has blown 6 fuses (finally replaced it with a 30 and that fixed it *sofar)
    You need to pull that fuse! That 30A is going to cause big problem as that WAY more then the circuitry is designed for. Get the retailer/installer to get an RMA and send it in for service/repair.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

We had the TT screen cutting out and it happened to be the RCA cable from the back of the TT to the blue box underneath the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        You need to pull that fuse! That 30A is going to cause big problem as that WAY more then the circuitry is designed for. Get the retailer/installer to get an RMA and send it in for service/repair.
        The wetsounds EQ is toast. They've ordered me a new one and it should be here in the next few weeks. What size fuze should I be using?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by dr1v3n View Post
          The wetsounds EQ is toast. They've ordered me a new one and it should be here in the next few weeks. What size fuze should I be using?

Thank you.
          Yes, i know there is an internal issue. I would not use a fuse larger than what comes in it, which IIRC, is a 2A.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have gone through several fuses on our WS420EQ as well. It ships stock with a 2 amp fuse in the line. Generally, I just replace it and it is good for a few outings, having a hard time determining what causes it to blow. This is our 2nd WS420EQ as the 1st one blew the fuse and the lights in the panel. If anyone finds anything out on this, please let me know what the cause may be.

Did you lack of sound through the speakers coordinate with the fuse on the EQ gong out? If so, that lack of sound would be due to the EQ being down...same thing happens when our EQ fuse is blow.
            "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Yes, i know there is an internal issue. I would not use a fuse larger than what comes in it, which IIRC, is a 2A.
              Dandy & chprthrill

Ok I'll keep running the 2A when the new one comes in. I wonder if there is just an inherent issue w/ this model of EQ or if we were part of a bad run? Not sure... Will update when and if I can get the problem eliminated.

No the fuses were just blowing the power to the EQ and subsequently killing my audio feed to the amp/speakers. So once replaced, we stopped having the issue, but now the EQ is dead. That happened to me on Saturday last week. I changed a track on my phone and immediately got dead air.
              We were getting really faint signal to the speakers which was really bizarre. Seems like whatever power there was running through the RCA's were eventually hitting the amp and getting to the speaks, but not anything even close to passable as "clean" audio.

Fingers crossed that the new EQ gets here soon and that we'll get some sound. In the meantime, I just unplugged my Rev10s RCA cables and plugged my phone into them. It works for now...

Comment

No, there is not an inherent issue, but I am aware of some SQ's blowing their inline fuse. My demo unit is doing the same thing and will get sent back as soon as my work load lightens up and inventory stabilizes. Over fusing is the last thing you want to do. SQ's are in stock, so you should have one in how ever long the UPS in transit time is to your dealer.

Comment

No, there is not an inherent issue, but I am aware of some SQ's blowing their inline fuse. My demo unit is doing the same thing and will get sent back as soon as my work load lightens up and inventory stabilizes. Over fusing is the last thing you want to do. SQ's are in stock, so you should have one in how ever long the UPS in transit time is to your dealer.
                  Thanks chpthrill - It showed up today. I'm going to drop it in and we'll see what happens...

Comment

Working...
                  X