Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 RZR - Adding 3rd Battery - Which is House?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 RZR - Adding 3rd Battery - Which is House?

All,

On the driver's side I have a Interstate SRM-24 and the passenger has a 24M-XHD which I thought would be the house but it has the large 0 gauge wires going to it direct? I assume that is the alternator or am I mistaken?

I bought two new group 29's to replace the current house with them both in parallel to increase capacity when the engine is off for my 3 amps. I hope the passenger side is the one I can remove because that is the only place I have a chance to put two 29's side by side.

Let me know.

Mike

Based on those model numbers, the SRM is an interstate deep-cycle and the 24M-XHD is a cranking battery. Turn the stereo and put a volt meter across each battery and see which one drops.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

On a 14 Z1 the house battery is on the starboard or drivers side. They are both on the port side compartment though. If that makes sense. ..
      Last edited by Iwndr; 07-08-2014, 09:22 PM.
      "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Thanks guys... so I managed to break my Fluke in the process but confirmed that the house was on the drivers side by removing all the cables from the cranking battery, confirming I could no longer crank, and that all my amps turned on still. Needed 70" of 4ga to hook them in parallel since the only location was still on the passenger side and I did not feel like re-routing everything else by swapping sides.

Comment

Working...
        X