Wiring gremlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring gremlin

I'm stuck with a strange situation with my 22i (2007) that I can't figure out.
    I winterized my boat last fall and got to reconnecting the batteries and found a strange situation where when both batteries are hooked up all the accessories are also on. Guage lights, speed set lights etc are all on even with no key in the ignition. I thought perhaps it was the stereo as it wouldn't even power on but after disconnecting it entirely the acc lights and gauges are still staying on so I'm at a loss what the issue is. The boat will turn on and start the engine but I can't really leave it in the situation it's in as eventually the batteries will wear down with the acc lights on permanently.
    Anyone have a clue? All the power switches under the drivers console are on. The batteries are charged.

This is the third year of me owning the boat and I've never seen it behave like this so I'm scratching my head.
    I can take a few pics if that would help.

Thanks.

I'll have to take it in to a shop. Doesn't look like taps works either so there is something wrong.
    Any recommendations for a shop near Vernon /Kelowna?

Comment

Does your 07 have the factory EIDB dual battery system or aftermarket? Sounds like a cable or 2 are crossed.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I believe it's a factory installed dual battery set up with one battery in the compartment under the storage (along with the red battery selector dial) under the glove box and the other in the little storage compartment next to the cooler. The small compartment has the Lion's share of connectors with two grounds and 4 connections to positive whereas the storage locker has only two to ground and two to positive.
        One of the 4 positive connectors when connected will keep the courtesy lights on, and if left disconnected renders the entire control panel without power, so while that seems odd to have the lights on I can't see any other way to have it connected.
        It's frustrating because I took photos of everything when I bought the boat but for the life of me I can't find my reference pics so I have no way to ensure I reconnected it back to stock.
        The wiring isn't terribly complicated but I'm over my head trying to figure out where I may have something crossed

I wanted to check the fuses but none are popped out, do I have to take the entire box off to physically check the fuses? Taking the retaining rings off each fuse doesn't seem to expose the fuse itself and I'm remiss to undo the boxes screws if that's not how you actually examine individual fuses.
        I sshould have checked things earlier in the year but I've done the same thing for winterizing and spring setup since I owned the boat so I thought it was business as usual until this odd behavior showed up.

Comment

Those are reset-able circuit breakers. I doubt they are tripped if the device is on when it should not be.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X