Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Z3 Indmar engine issue. o2 Sensor tripping and FIX.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Z3 Indmar engine issue. o2 Sensor tripping and FIX.

Hey all. This is my first post and I'm trying to be as detailed as possible as I had this issue just yesterday and there was literally zero info on the internet about it. AND being that it was Sunday I was unable to get any help.

So here is what I experienced.

1. Suddenly the Engine Status Light kept illuminating and beeping about every 3 seconds. The touch screen gives absolutely zero feedback as to what is happening in the engine systems when this happens. This is VERY frustrating and I hope Tige figures out how to better handle this in the future.
    This was RED in color.
    engine-status.jpg

2. We shut down the boat immediately, limped back to dock (NOTE: The boat was not in limp mode)

3. The next morning we took the boat back to the lake to double check it. The system was tripping again within just a few seconds.

4. We took it to the Tige dealer in SLC and they told me that the issue sounded familiar on the early 2014 Z boats. He popped open the hatch and there was a black mark on the underside of the hatch that aligned directly with the top of the o2 sensor nearest the port side. The wiring was coming apart due to the fact that the hatch was rubbing against the top of the sensor for 20 hours of run time. When they switched from PCM to Indmar in 2014 - they did not re-engineer the engine hatch to meet the clearance needs of the new, taller engine. This issues causes the emissions to go out of whack and the boat will then throw that error.

5. The guys at Tige SLC grabbed a new o2 sensor off another boat in inventory, cleared my code and got me on my way in 20 minutes. Thank you guys so much!!

6. If you get this issue, don't panic. Look at the o2 sensors and make sure that's not the issue before you panic If this is the issue, you should be able to still finish out your day of boating if you can deal with the annoying beeping noise.

I'll try to post a few pics of this a bit later.

Thanks for posting this...it will undoubtedly help other owners out there.
    2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Is the dealer High Adventure Power Sports and Marine?

Glad they got you fixed fast.

Comment

Originally posted by skippabcool View Post
        Is the dealer High Adventure Power Sports and Marine?

Glad they got you fixed fast.
        Yea that's the dealer. They jumped right on it and got it taken care of. I didn't even buy my boat there :/ Still rocked it haha

@mnpracing - I'm hoping it does. I know this would have absolutely helped me troubleshoot the issue had it been out there and available.

Comment

Did they modify the hatch at all so that the problem does not happen again?
          2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
          2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
            Did they modify the hatch at all so that the problem does not happen again?
            No - They ordered me the updated version that has the cutouts in it. But since mine is going to be junk anyways, I'm just going to drill it out and let that be my temp solution...

Comment

image (21).jpgimage (23).jpg

Had to DREMMEL on my $110,000 boat. Wow... Really disappointed in Tigé

Comment

Hi, I have the same light popping. Do you have the parts number for the o2 sensor for the z3 tige 2014 ? Thanks

Comment

Surfandlearn

https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-e...oaAmZXEALw_wcB

Comment

If I recall those were actually a FoMoCo sensor. Can't remember the PN tho.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Hi
                        do you know if this is the same for the indmar m60 415 hp 6.0 l ?

Comment

Originally posted by Surfandlearn View Post
                          Hi
                          do you know if this is the same for the indmar m60 415 hp 6.0 l ?
                          I think so.

Comment

Working...
                          X