No announcement yet.

EIDB question - Clicking sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As suspected, its wired incorrectly. If you fallow the 2 yellow wires from the ACR, they go directly to the battery terminals. They should directly to the switch's 1a and 2a terminal. These 2 posts are are on the boat side of the switch, and isolated from the batteries when the switch is off.

Theres no need to do away with the ACR, just wire it correctly, which will probably take less time to fix, then ditch.

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes for sure, i was thinking the same, but its sooooooo tough to get in that tight spot.....and do all this stuff...jeesh, its so much easier to work on my cars!!! (maybe i will just remove the bulkhead to get in there )

Comment

Mike
        I am finding out that even that wiring diagram is not correct , there are extra wires, and extra 80 circuit breakers to both battery'IMAG0125[1].jpgIMAG0124[1].jpgs on the yellow wires... and the end terminations are both battery lugs and ring ends, what a pain!!!!

Comment

The breakers are there in case the ISO shorts. Good idea considering its also connected to GND with a 4ga cable
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Might be able to just trip the breakers, and charging is a snap !

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              As suspected, its wired incorrectly. If you fallow the 2 yellow wires from the ACR, they go directly to the battery terminals. They should directly to the switch's 1a and 2a terminal. These 2 posts are are on the boat side of the switch, and isolated from the batteries when the switch is off.

Theres no need to do away with the ACR, just wire it correctly, which will probably take less time to fix, then ditch.

Hey Mike , just 're-wired the house battery yellow to the 12v bar and took the cranking battery yellow wire right to the starter solenoid , should work good now , was easier then trying to put those extra wires on the switch lugs , I also increased the one to the cranking bat to 2 gauge cause it now runs a little further , suprising nobody else has complained about this yet ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Z1Fan; 06-29-2014, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Dont feel too bad, Tige is not the only one! I finished up 2014 Malibu this wee that was wired about the same. VSR was on the battery side of the switch and we put in a dual bank charger, So, switch needed rewired so the VSR is isolated form the batteries when the switch is OFF?

Comment

only cost was the cable 50 bucks ,and I was able to resuse one of the others., Much appriciated Mike !!!!! If you ever in BC ,your welcome at anytime to come for ride and a surf and a cold wobbly pop 😊

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Z1Fan; 06-30-2014, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X