Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I am not a MD just a know it all!

Comment

Sometimes on the merc engines the orange wire on the alternator comes loose and arcs and if not caught has been known to burn the stud off and stop charginging altogether.

Comment

That could have happened, I didn't notice anything strange though when removing the alternator.

Is it true that these alternators sometimes are not strong enough for all the juice needed for radio, lights, engine etc?
        Wes

Comment

Originally posted by CP3
          Dogbert, He wanted to know how to get a hold of Tige MD. I just told him how.
          Tige MD is not nearly as active as he used to be on this board. Lee has been responding pretty quickly
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

THIS BOAT IS FIXED!

It was the alternator!

After talking with the Pacific Nautiques Dealer (awsome guys) we determined that the two Amps in the boat (Stereo) were cross wired, so they were probably pushing current back against the alternator! A new $350 alternator, (Pacific Nautiques picked up the tab), and boom, everything is perfect!

Thanks for all your help guys!
            Wes

Comment

I did not question how good lee is. I know he is great but like I said he asked and I helped.
              Everything happens for a reason
              I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Sounds like Pacific Nautique is a great place to do business.

Comment

I have semi retired from the industry. I like to check back now and then to see what I have been missing.
                  Lee, you da'man. Maybe some day our paths will cross and I'll buy you a cold one.
                  Greg Denton
                  former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

Lee, you da'man. Maybe some day our paths will cross and I'll buy you a cold one.
                    I think I saw you at a dealer meeting or something that Chris drug you to.

Comment

Yea. it's possible. Most of the time Chris kept me pretty well intoxicated so, most of those meetings are a little fuzzy to me
                      Greg Denton
                      former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

Working...
                      X