Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 20i Marine power cruise control

Hi Everyone,
    I have a 2006 marine power 340HP dual batter 20i, and typical my cruise control **** itself. i could not get my hands on a new panel for they was thought to be the problem with it(but not sure). My speedo was also not working due to a faulty paddle wheel. so i opted for a nauticslogics GPS receiver and got my std gauge working spot on. next i looked high and low for a replacement cruise option. here is what i found. (im pretty good with electronics)
    As im in australia i found AusCruise which do a programable cruise option.
    Found all my TBW voltages and that the speed signal was square. he supplied me a kit which i installed and i used the factory cruise keypad just removed all the back of it and put momentary switches into it. created a switch so when the throttle was reduced it would disable the cruise and a half an hour programming and wala i have cruise.
    all up cost was around $450.00 which sure beats the price of $1600 for a new Pad which still dont know if it would have fixed it.
    After i was told it could never be done, it only got me more interested. Some company should create an aftermarket plug in option!!
    Cheers

Very cool to see that you over came that. Do you have any pics of what you did?

Comment

i could prob take some pictures however most is wiring lol Im wrapped now.

Comment

So you found a viable substitution for the Tige Accu-Set/Speed-Set used on the MP TBW engine? You need to share more info as this is a topic that pops up monthly. Its good as gold if it works.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hi Chpthril,
          As the throttle system uses a simple voltage and CAN, i sourced a local company in Australia and they have a custom kit where everything is fully adjustable. i mean everything. it wired in line with the hand throtle, it picks its speed from my digital GPS speed sensor however i feel it would be better with a paddlewheel as the flow of my river makes it hard!!.
          As its designed for a car there was nothing stopping the drier from putting the boat into neutral and the cruise not cutting off so i installed a (break light system so when the throt pos get to say 20% a light would come on and cancel the cruise. took a couple hours to tune and needed a full boat load of people.
          not going to bullshit but it ended up costing more that i would have like and was around AUD$550.
          As its ran via GPS it hunts for speed a bit so im thinking i might get a new paddle wheel sensor (i have GPS as the paddlewheel failed)
          if you have any questions please do not hesitate to msg

Comment

It was a little tricky too as the throttle uses to variable voltages one is a backup for the primary however the 2nd voltage is needed and if interrupted will cause limp mode or no throttle issues. The kit i brought handles the two voltages!.

Comment

Working...
            X