Gas gauge acting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas gauge acting up

Alright so..here my kind of strange porblem..my gas gauge seems to go up and down really fast at random times and is never accurate..i also noticed that it seems to go with the beat of the music in the boat while its playing
    The only difference between stupidity and genuis is that genius has its limits.

do a search. there are so many threads on this it is not een funny.
    A problem tige needs to fix.
    Everything happens for a reason
    I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

CP3 I agree with you. Does anyone know what TIGE is doing about this issue?

Comment

Re: Gas gauge acting up

Originally posted by make_a_wake
        i also noticed that it seems to go with the beat of the music in the boat while its playing
        Maybe tige gave up on trying to get the gas gauge to work so they said the hell with is and use the gauge as a EQ for the stereo.
        Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Sounds like you have a problem with cable shielding or poor grounding.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

My vote is to pull the gas guage out of the dash and put a picture of this smilie over the hole.

------>
            "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Re: Gas gauge acting up

Originally posted by make_a_wake
              my gas gauge seems to go up and down really fast at random times and is never accurate..
              Special feature only Tige offers.

98% of all Tige fuel gauges depict only two levels: Full and then when empty the E.

So you get in between readings.

That’s an improvement over Charlie’s earlier work.

Comment

My fuel gauge worked since day 1. I guess I'm special
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Make that 2 specials. One Senior member, one Junior. My fuel gauge only gets a little erratic at 1/4 tank.

I think it is because we have the older boats with a tall gas tanks.
                  Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen
                    I think it is because we have the older boats with a tall gas tanks.
                    Actually, it's because this is the way it comes from the supplier. Malibus have the same problem. It appears to be rampant in the industry. The senders are apparently not very robust.

Comment

Fuel Guage issue

Can you get a new sender and where? Mine was good until ealier this year. Not it never works.

Comment

The gauge in my 06 20i works great. I did find out yesterday that one needle width above empty means you are out of gas! We were on a small private lake and I wanted to know if I could get to the "E" and still have some gas. I guess not. I will have to find fuel soon when my gauge says 1/8th of a tank.

Comment

The only real way you'll ever get an accurate reading is if you put in a fuel flow meter. In my opinion, they should be standard equipment on these boats.

Comment

Well someone stole gas out of my tank at the storage unit. So we got down to like 4 gallons. that was on last week. This week The gas gauge is working. So who knows how long it will work.
                            Everything happens for a reason
                            I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about the stolen gas. Does your storage facility have a surveillance camera?
                              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
                              X