Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical Problem

Ingnition switch works ; engine starts; but the accessory switches will
    not light up. Volt meter shows power is to the 9 Relay Digital Electronic Control Center II. Have unplugged and replugged connections. No change, still off.

Check and see if ALL of the ground wires are attached to the battery. You could have four or five wire that should be attached to the ground terminal.

Comment

Hi, I am new to this board and just purchased a Tige 21v Fox Edition. I have not even had the chance to put the boat in the water, because after towing the boat home after purchase I had this problem. Did you ever get this problem resolved, if so how? THANKS!

I have used a test light, and the I am having the exact same problem

Comment

There's a couple of inline fuses in the dash...I blew one when one of my power lines came loose on my dash.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Yes, I went to back to factory and got a Toggle Switch plate. Appartenly
          the electronic management module under the dash board goes out. By
          switching to the tioggle switches; you eleimnate this module.
          Easy installation.

Comment

Originally posted by kim cross View Post
            Yes, I went to back to factory and got a Toggle Switch plate. Appartenly
            the electronic management module under the dash board goes out. By
            switching to the tioggle switches; you eleimnate this module.
            Easy installation.
            But alot of wires.

Comment

Thank you for replying so quickly. I am pretty sure that it is also the electronic relay control module in my boat as well.

There is power to the control box, and even power to the switches, but here is the really weird part:

I discovered now that if I only have one switch panel plugged in at a time (4 switches instead of all 8) that they will in fact light up and activate the same 4 pins (the orange wires) from the control box. Then I plug either switch panel in as well and nothing comes on.

Is there a place where I can obtain a wiring schematic of the boat, so that I can just rewire for toggle switches like you did?

Where do I order a toggle switch plate from online?

Thank you very much for the help. This is a not a fun situation.

Comment

I contacted Harvey Smith @ Tige. hsmith@tige.com or 356-676-7777.
                There is no wiring diaghram. You simply bring power to one side of each switch. Then bring wire from device to other. You will have to do some splicing. Its not bad. Probably a 2 hour job. There is no cutting of your dash.
                fits right in place of old push button switch plate.

Comment

Kim,

Thank you very much for your help! I sent him an email so hopefully I will hear back soon. So you just cut out the electronic controller and spliced into the orange wires that come out of it into their correct circuits for the various devices? That sounds a lot simpler than what I had envisioned with needing to buy a fuse block and and trying to make a bunch of toggle or rocker switches look factory on those panels where the buttons currently are!

Are you pleased with the result?

Jim

Comment

I have just encountered this problem for the first time and looking to see if anyone has had any new suggestions. Currently all of the leads to the different accessories are connected to the electronic controller. If you want to switch to rocker switches what are you by passing? Let me know what the best suggestion is for this issue now.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                    X