Speaker Wiring for Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker Wiring for Tower

I'm getting ready to install my tower speakers but I'm not sure how to run the wires. I have a Skylon collapsable tower (it folds back with the front legs disconnecting from the base plate.) It looks like it will be easier to acces everything for the install if I run the wire up the front leg, but that means that the wires will need to be able to disconnect. So that's my question...do I need to spend the extra money on a wiring harness or can I fabricate my own? I planned on using a good quality monster cable for the speaker wire, but I'm not sure what to do about the connect/disconnect issue. Any suggestions?

When my new tower was wired, they used Molex quick connects for the connection. I think they are about $10 a piece. I did a google search just now, and couldn't find them. I know they are out there, and I'm sure other's are using them, or something very similar. .... You can do some searching, or hopefully someone will hellp out.

Anyway, they are great, just a little twist, and they come apart. All four cables are connected in the same unit, so you only have one thing to take apart. ... Makes the install look clean.

Comment

Working...
    X