Batteries what kind and how many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batteries what kind and how many?

I have a 98 2100 tige with (2) 6x9's, (4) 6 1/2's, and 1 10'' sub. I am running them on 2 amps and some thing that stores energy to deliver extra bass to the sub. I am running all of this on 1 blue optima marine battery. Is this enough juice? With the sub box being in the driverside storage panel, there was not much room for a dual battery system. I am really curious as to what you guys have running your systems? Any reccomendations?

I always reccomend at least 2 batteries....nothing worse than running out of power cause you wanted to play the stereo and now you cant turn over your engine!

Comment

That thing is a capacitor. It makes life easier on you amps & alternator.

Get another battery, and an isolator switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Boarder_X
        That thing is a capacitor. It makes life easier on you amps & alternator.

Get another battery, and an isolator switch.

There it is. I could not remember the name. I made an appointment to get the yearly maintanence done. I am going to ask them to add another Optima battery as well. have any of you used these before? My stereo guy recommended them but, they are a bit pricey. I also just bought a bew 4 blade ACME prop. I can't wait to take this thing out next Sunday. I have never driven a boat like this before. Any other tips for the first time out?

Comment

One battery should be a starting battery (Optima), the other should be a good quality deep cycle (Stereo use). I paid about $80 at Auto Zone. Yes, it's expensive, but they are worth it. It has 4 hours of reserve time, plus the 6 hours of regular time. I have about 1000 Watts. Then click over to the starting battery, and off you go. Never worry about not getting started.

Comment

I am going to go with the optima for the stereo and an interstate deep marine cycle for the engine.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Good choice.

There are a couple threads, on how to install the battery isolator switch. Should take about an hour.

Comment

Working...
              X