Fluctuating Volt Meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fluctuating Volt Meter

I have a 2003 22V. The volt meter fluctuates (jumps) from 13 to 0 (up and down all day). This normally happens after the engine warms up. When it jumps, the TAPS gauge jumps with it and provides false readings of the trim tab.

My dealer has not been able to find a short. While at this years boat show, a Tige Rep suggested I get a new gauge. I don't think it is the gauge because if that were the case, the TAPS gauge wouldn't jump also. There are no other problems or indications.

I heard something about a new wiring harness for this. Can someone help?

Your right, The gauge is most likley not the problem. I had a similar problem with my oil gauge. The cause ended up being a poor pin fit
    in the main wire harness connector located near the engine. Unplug the connector and give the male pins a slight twist so they fit tighter.

Hope this helps
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."

Comment

I had a voltmeter which was also jumping like yours. It would be o.k. for a while, then fluctuate then o.k. Had a Loose wire connection at the voltmeter.

Comment

Working...
      X