21i losing horsepower!! help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21i losing horsepower!! help!

Hey everyone, just bought my Tigè 21i 4 weeks ago and its been running good. It has the v8 6.0L 375 HP motor. It start bogging down and losing HP yesterday. It'd accelerate to 10 mph than slowly try to get up to speed. My volts are reading 11 and idk what it read before but should probably be at least 14? Both batteries are brand new. I'm going to change spark plugs here shortly today. Any suggestions it help would be great. Thanks in advance!
    Ain't no 1/2 steppin'

I wouldnt trust the volt gauge, get volt meter and go right to the batteries and then to the alternator output post.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Alarms beeping? Age of fuel? Any recent work done? Backfiring, popping or other noticeable engine noises? How long was it running before this happened? Initially I'm leaning towards fuel issue but please give as much of the above info as possible.
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

The alternater was reading 12 with the engine running. Motor still sounds great and ran smooth, just no power. Fuel was all new. When I pulled the boat out of the water I noticed one ear of the prop was bent in 3/4 of inch. I bent it back out pretty close to normal and the boat ran good after that. Would one bent ear on the prop cause the boat to run like that. I hope that was the problem.
        Ain't no 1/2 steppin'

Comment

It would have a nasty vibration too but probably not the reason it happened. Keep us posted if it happens again and the circumstances under which it happens.
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
          X