volts read 1.1 on my rz2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

volts read 1.1 on my rz2

Out today....switch off boat to acc position and I get low battery warning.... volts are 1.1. When running they are like 14 or something.

I had switch on combined, and we had been cruising at 5 MPH for a good long time.

I switched to position 1 on battery switch and it was still 1.1.

In garage.now...boat lights up...and volts read 0 but radio plays....

Help!

Don't click left for accessory click right

Comment

What's left?

Comment

So here are pics....right turn lights up everything and volts are normal.....left turn gives 1.0 volts and a low battery voltage warning. I did not see any loose wires.
        Attached Files

Comment

when to the left mine does the same.. I am assuming something dont get power in the left position and this is the result
          www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
          http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

I noticed on the 2012 Z3 we demo'd on Mead last year and also noticed it on the 2011 RZ2 I did some stereo and ballast on a couple months ago.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So how do we fix this? I don't want to bead dead in the water if we anchor to swim and run the stereo......

Comment

Originally posted by 2thdoc01 View Post
                So how do we fix this? I don't want to bead dead in the water if we anchor to swim and run the stereo......
                With out seeing an actual schematic, I cant say for sure why the TT is powered up, yet shows low volts and flashes the low battery warning.

But, im fairly confident that you will not be left stranded with a dead battery from playing the stereo while anchored. Your Tige has a dual circuit battery switch and diode isolator. Both batteries receive a charge while engine is running, yet the stereo loads only pull off the "House" battery.

Now, if i was going to change one thing, it would be putting the stereo on a dedicated switch so I do not have the TT powered up with the key turned to ACC. When anchored, the key is off and the stereo stays on. Down side is that you would not have stereo control at the helm, as its all through the TT. Transom remote would still function though.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                X