Perko and battery tender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perko and battery tender

If I have my perko set to all will the tender charge both of my batteries?

Thanks

Brian

Yes
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

When the batt switch is set to off...are both batteries off? If its set to one...which battery is on? I had a 1, 2, and a 1+2 in my old bu.....so it was easy to play with. I just don't want to be jammin mon and be dead on the water!

Comment

The battery switch only turns off the starting battery only. If your dash has a circuit breaker underneath you need to turn both of those switches off or add another battery switch for the house battery like I did.

2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by 2thdoc01 View Post
          When the batt switch is set to off...are both batteries off? If its set to one...which battery is on? I had a 1, 2, and a 1+2 in my old bu.....so it was easy to play with. I just don't want to be jammin mon and be dead on the water!
          I think your boat has a Blue Sea 5511 Dual-Circuit switch: OFF/ON/Combine.

If so, then yes, when the switch is off, both batteries are isolated from thier loads. WHen in ON, both batteries are connected to thier loads, but isolated from each other.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            I think your boat has a Blue Sea 5511 Dual-Circuit switch: OFF/ON/Combine.

If so, then yes, when the switch is off, both batteries are isolated from thier loads. WHen in ON, both batteries are connected to thier loads, but isolated from each other.
            So what happens when I have the key turned left and the stereo running...How do I make sure I dont run both batteries out of juice?

Comment

Did Tige stop using a diode for battery isolation?

Comment

On my boat there is a diode I think that allows the alternator to charge both batteries but only uses the house battery for accesories, such as the radio. It keeps the starting battery separate so even if you drain the house battery the starting battery will always be there to crank the engine and get you home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
                  On my boat there is a diode I think that allows the alternator to charge both batteries but only uses the house battery for accesories, such as the radio. It keeps the starting battery separate so even if you drain the house battery the starting battery will always be there to crank the engine and get you home.

Maybe someone can chime in here and let us know if the new boats are like this....if so, then the switch isnt needed other than to shut power off for charging??

I think mine is off, 1, combined

Comment

Originally posted by 2thdoc01 View Post
                    So what happens when I have the key turned left and the stereo running...How do I make sure I dont run both batteries out of juice?
                    The Dual-Circuit switch keeps the banks isolated when the switch is in the OFF or ON position. The only time house loads, such as the stereo, will pull off the main cranking, is when the switch is put in COMBINE.

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
                    Did Tige stop using a diode for battery isolation?
                    I think Tige is still using the diode Iso.

Comment

So what is the purpose of the combined switch position? So I should either use off on the 1 position to make sure I don't wind up stranded?

Comment

In your application, COMBINE would allow you to bring the house bank on line with the main cranking to start the engine if the main was low. Kinda like connecting jumper cables.

For those with an ACR/VSR, COMBINE allows the user to override the ACR when the house bank is very low.

Comment

Working...
                        X