Switch wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch wiring

I need help. I'm trying to wire led lights to my dock light switch. I've been searching for related forums but haven't found anything. I only have my phone at the moment. All I have is a black and red wire and don't know which place to hook in on the switch. Front part of switch has two blacks together and two blues together. At the back there are two individual blue wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not great when it comes to wiring. Thanks in advance.

You really need a 12V test light or volt meter. Thats the best way to determine whether the circuit is B+, switched or ground.

What type of switch are you looking to wire to? How many terminals? Is it currently being used to control any other accessories?

This is probably obvious, but the LED black wire will need to go to a ground source. There is probably a ground BUSS bar under the helm that you should connect to. The red needs to go to the switched/output side of the switch and I would consider adding a fuse to. This is where the test light or volt meter come in handy. Wish I could help more.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the quick response chpthril. With your info I figured it out. I was trying to hook up both wires to the switch. Kept one of the blue wires still attached for my power and the other for positive to the lights. Than grounded where you said. Now it works. One other question. How do I remove a fuse to rePlace a 10a fuse with a 3a fuse? Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X