Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning alarm whilst driving

Hi Friends,

We have a 2006 22i and occasionally whilst idling after being driven for a while our warning alarm comes on (the same alarm which sounds when starting the boat).

To stop it, we turn the engine off, then restart it, this seems to work.

It would be really appreciated to hear from anyone that has expereinced this before and to know the possible cause and how to rectify.

Thanks
    David S

What engine and does the boat have the Tige EIDB dual battery system.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Its the 5.7 litre gen 3 with a dual battery system

Comment

Originally posted by David Salv View Post
        Its the 5.7 litre gen 3 with a dual battery system
        My bad, I should have been more specific. Is is a Merc, PCM or Marine Power engine? All used the same 5.7L. If its the Marine Power with the Tige EIDB Dual Battery system (as opposed to just 2 batts on a multi-batt switch), then I would look at the state of the batteries first.

Is the engine dropping into limp mode, where the RPMs drop to idle and the throttle control is lost? If no other symptom but the alarm, it could be the oil pressure sender that controls the alarm.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Sorry, i should have been more specific, it is the Marine Power Engine, so i will start with the batteries as you suggest. Thanks for the tip. Its getting warmer down here, so i want to ensure that everything is in good shape ready for a full on summer.

Comment

Working...
          X