electrical probs on 03 22v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electrical probs on 03 22v

are there any relays or circuit breakers in the wiring of the nav and anchor lights and 12v outlets on the right and in the glove box (as they all seem to be on the same circuit).

we're having a problem with nav lights (and the entire circuit they are on) turning off and on intermitantly.

This only happens when the nav lights are on, or when we are using the 12v outlets.

I'm thinking it is an overloading of the circuit due to heat, but i cant think of what would be tripping on and off to break the circuit? A bad relay maybe? if so, where would it be for this circuit (nav/anchor lights, oulets, blower, bilge, and the lights in the switches for each)?

anyhelp or insite appreciated.

This probably won't help - but I had navigational light problems with my 2003 22V which we could not figure out for about a year. The dealership I worked with at the time tried several things and could not find the root cause. I didn't worry to much as we weren't doing much night boating.

I finally started tracing wires to Nav Lights up front and tower light. We came to find out that the tower light wire had been accidentally smashed between the tower and the fiberglass during the initial building of the boat. Over time the wire slowly started to short itself out due to the vibration of the tower against the boat.

To us at first the lights would go one, and off - over time it would just flip the fuse completely off.

Good luck - it might be something to check???

Comment

Working...
    X