taps and 12 volt outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taps and 12 volt outlet

This weekend while using my ballast pump I must have blown a fuse or something because the 12 volt outlet on the top right side of the dash and my taps stopped working. After a quick talk with the dealer he thought maybe the 12 volt outlet and the taps shared a power source and there may be a inline fuse that blew. I did check to see if the breaker tripped on the taps and it did not. Also the other 12 volt outlets still work and no other functionality seems to be affected. I nosed around a bit under the dash but nothing jumped out at me and riding and beer drinking took priority. Anyone know what I am looking for to fix this one?

oh yeah, I have a 2004 22V...

Comment

The power to your guages and power outlet are chained together, one right after the other. I lost my RPM, fuel guage, TAPS and depth meter (didn't check the power outlet) because the power connection to the RPM had come loose. Might want to check all the connections to your guages. Be sure your ignition is off or you'll blow a fuse (I know, happened to me).
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Cool, thanks. I also noticed that all my nav lights are out. Will have to spend some time this weekend troubeshooting - with the power OFF!

Comment

Could be a fuse, too. I had two inline fuses right by the ignition switch, one for the power to the guages and the other for the power to the lights. My boat's a '99, so your configuration could be different. You may want to call Charlie York at the Ski Dock and ask him, he's been pretty helpful in the past.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
          X