Amps shutting off once boat is in gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amps shutting off once boat is in gear

To start off I have 04 22V, my stereo is ran off the ignition and not the ACC which i'am used to, if im chilling with the key turned to the left or with the boat idling the stereo is fine but once i put the boat in gear the amps cut out but the deck stays on. Is this normal for tige's to be wired to the ignition? Do you think this is a connection problem or could the ignition voltage fluctuate enough to drop the amps?

I'am going to wire the stereo to the ACC tonight for personel preference and hopefully to fix this problem but just wondering if anyone has any insight on this.

Yes, it is normal for the head-units remote turn-on input to have been wired to the key switch.

How many amps are in there?

If the head-unit is not shuting down, I would look at the head-unit's remote turn-on output, or what ever is feeding the amps turn-on input, to see if the voltage is dropping to a point that the amps shut off. If so, a simple rely will do the trick.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

There are two amps, one for the Clarion factory speakers and one for the towers

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        Yes, it is normal for the head-units remote turn-on input to have been wired to the key switch.

How many amps are in there?

If the head-unit is not shuting down, I would look at the head-unit's remote turn-on output, or what ever is feeding the amps turn-on input, to see if the voltage is dropping to a point that the amps shut off. If so, a simple rely will do the trick.
        What kind of relay are you refering to?

Comment

standard Bosch/Tyco 5 pin relay
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X