03 23v no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

03 23v no start

I've got the boat in the title. Batteries have been charged and checked and they're good. When I turn the key on I get no warning beep and none of the gauges move. You can hear the taps motor working and the horn works. All the switches on the dash work as does the blower and all the lights come on when switched on. Stereo won't come on and I get nothing from the engine. Oh ya, the transmission light on the dash barely glows. I'm kinda lost with this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Welcome to the site. Post some pics of your boat.

Is this a new boat to you? Did you have it winterized (meaning is it possibly that whoever did flipped a switch? Have you checked the circuit breakers? Something that I learned from Chpthril is to use as test light and check your switches. I would start at the ignition and work back.

You said batteries (do you have a perko or similar?), typically your house stuff is always on unless you have a switch that can turn them off, either by the battery or main circuit panel. If so have they been checked?

Good Luck.

Comment

Yea it's got the perko or w/e it's called switch. It is in the on position. I've had the boat for a year and a half now. I've checked the big fuse in the speaker compartment and the one in the engine compartment with a test light and they're both good.

Comment

Do you have a kill switch if so check it.

Comment

What engine in it ? If its a PCM Check the main breaker on the engine should be close to the ECM 50amp circuit breaker.

Also check all you grounds for a tight connection.

Comment

Originally posted by dom w. forte View Post
            Do you have a kill switch if so check it.
            X2. Double check it, if your boat has one.

Comment

It's got the black scorpion engine. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a kill switch but I'll double check and make sure.

Comment

Working...
              X