Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tapping into Docking lights switch for tower lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tapping into Docking lights switch for tower lights?

I was just curious if anyone has spliced into their docking lights switch w/ their tower lights... so that when u flip the factory switch, to activate the docking lights, the tower lights come on too. Is it as simple as twisting the wires together or would I need a bigger fuse or anything else? Thanks.
    Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

i hope "twisting the wires together" means splicing them with connectors if so, then yes, but you will most likely need to upgrade the breaker. the lights might run for a few minutes then pop the breaker. it's an easy swap. check with your dealer first to be sure it does not effect your warranty.
    Greg Denton
    former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

LOL... perhaps I shouldn't have stated it like that. But yes I would connect them w/ connectors. The thing I'm worried about is rather or not the switch would be rated to hold that many amps. If I had 4 - 55W lights running into it on top of the docking lights, I'm wondering if I'm getting myself into trouble there.
      Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

You might want to add a relay to them if your are going to use the same switch.

Comment

Working...
        X