Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 24 Ve - Stock EIDB battery connections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 24 Ve - Stock EIDB battery connections?

I disconnected all the cables from my stock dual battery setup last fall. I foolishly didn't record which cables connected to which battery. My local dealer doesn't exist anymore, so I need some help from the hive mind.

The house battery is the Deep Cell, and the Starter is the cranking.
    The EIDB system is the 3 terminal Isolater, with the On/Off switch in between the Starter Positive cable, and the output of the On/off switch is labeled Primary Switch.

Can anyone confirm I'm connecting things backup properly?
    Attached Files

B+ from the switch goes to the starting batt +

GND from engine block goes to the starting batt -

The two outside posts of the ISO go to each of the battery +'s, doesn't matter so go to the battery that each seems to reach the best.

Bilge + and - go to the starting battery.

Stereo needs to be on the house battery + and -

There will be a black cable that connects the - of both batteries.

Not sure what you mean above by "main ground" and "primary ground". To me, these mean the same are the ground to the engine block.

If i remember correctly, there is a 4ga red + cable going to a breaker on the transom and 4ga black. These are the + and - for the helm BUSS and need to go on the house battery, but not 100% sure.

Good luck
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks - I'll go give that a try.

All the cable names are the factory labels, with the exception of the stereo cables.

Kirk.

Comment

2008 24ve

I also failed to mark the wires I pulled off the battery for fall storage.
        Hopefully this is simple for someone.
        Which Terminal:
        Bilge pump large diameter black wire?
        Bilge pump small 12 ga blac0k/brown wire?
        Main large black wire?

These wires have little tags on them stating main or bilge but no terminal is listed.

Please help
        Thanks

Comment

Black wires are all negative and the brown wire if paired with a black will be positive. Is that what you needed?

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            If i remember correctly, there is a 4ga red + cable going to a breaker on the transom and 4ga black. These are the + and - for the helm BUSS and need to go on the house battery, but not 100% sure.
            I can confirm that's correct. (I've been spending lots of time rerouting wiring lately.)

And to the original poster: chpthril is also correct about the bilge pump's automatic power (the solid brown wire) going to the engine battery. That wire should have an inline waterproof fuse holder along the way somewhere near the batteries, make sure that is accessible and you know where it is "just in case".

The other bilge pump wire, the brown with black, should disappear into the harness. It is connected to the bilge pump switch on the console and receives power through a dedicated circuit breaker.

Comment

Working...
            X