Blown fuse on Deep cycle battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blown fuse on Deep cycle battery

I have an issue where my pumps, lights, accessories will not come on. I charged the battery and still did not work. I changed the battery, charged it and still is not working. I checked the 10am fuse and noticed it was burned. I changed the fuse out and it blew immediately. Of course, I had to try it again with the same outcome.

They worked fine back in October...

Any suggestions?

Its the 10Amp fuse in the attached picture
    Attached Files
    If its not fun, Why do it?

If a fuse blows imediatly without anything ever being turned on, then there is a dead short between the fuse and the switch(s). Now, I dont see how that single 10A fuse is powering more then one thing, so if other devices are also not working, then there may be other issue yet to be found. Most of the time, each device will have its own fuse, i.e. ballast pumps = their own fuse, tower lights = own fuse, courtesy lights = own fuse, ACC socket = own fuse.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      If a fuse blows imediatly without anything ever being turned on, then there is a dead short between the fuse and the switch(s). Now, I dont see how that single 10A fuse is powering more then one thing, so if other devices are also not working, then there may be other issue yet to be found. Most of the time, each device will have its own fuse, i.e. ballast pumps = their own fuse, tower lights = own fuse, courtesy lights = own fuse, ACC socket = own fuse.
      This is over my limited electrical knowledge.

Comment

There is a circuit breaker hidden above the batteries if you have the factory dual batteries. It's black and hard to see if it's popped, my dealer showed me where it is and how to check it. I'll post pics if you need them.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
          There is a circuit breaker hidden above the batteries if you have the factory dual batteries. It's black and hard to see if it's popped, my dealer showed me where it is and how to check it. I'll post pics if you need them.
          That breaker was not popped. That is one of the first thing the tech asked me to look for. The boat is at the dealer to solve this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
            There is? Where? I dug around in there a bit during winterization last year and never saw one. I have dual main breakers on the panel under the driver's console, but nothing that I know of with the batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
              There is? Where? I dug around in there a bit during winterization last year and never saw one. I have dual main breakers on the panel under the driver's console, but nothing that I know of with the batteries.
              The positive lead on my house battery goes right to it on mine.
              2008 Z1, I also have the two breakers under the helm
              "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Mine was mounted on the floor between the 2 batteries.

Comment

OK, I'll check again when it comes out of storage. Getting closer... can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                  X