radio and lights not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

radio and lights not working

Just bought a new 2008 tige z1. Took the boat out checked fine, after taking out the water the lights and radio will not work! However, the engine will still turn over. Could the radio and light battery just not be holding a charge?

Congrats and Welcome! You will need to post pics.

My first thought would be to put the battery on a charger and see where it is at. Second would be checking the fuses, breaker panel, or making sure that the wires are tight.
    Last edited by skippabcool; 03-02-2011, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kemper View Post
      Just bought a new 2008 tige z1. Took the boat out checked fine, after taking out the water the lights and radio will not work! However, the engine will still turn over. Could the radio and light battery just not be holding a charge?
      Should be a couple of circuit breakers under the helm you can check but I doubt that is it if they were working before,If it is a new 08 the batteries sure could need a charge also.
      If none of that works it sounds like you need to keep it in the water J/K
      I would check the voltage on the batteries first though, do you have the dual battery setup?

Welcome to the site And you really need to post up some pic's of your ride
      "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

If your Z1 has the EIDB (dual battery) system, the first thing I would check is the house battery. IIRC, it is located in the rear starboard transom. If its discharged, I would just replace it and not bother trying to charge/test a 3-4 yr old battery.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

thanks for all the replies! I do have the dual batteries and I am going to check the batteries when I get back to my house. I hope its just the battery is bad seeing that it worked while the motor was cranked. I will try to get some pictures today and put them on here!

Comment

Originally posted by kemper
            C:\Users\Kemper.Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Win dows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\2SGUGH9P\2011-03-02_07-48-08_385[1].jpg

I think I posted the picture wher yal can see it?!
            No

Comment

It depends on what the picture was supposed to be of. We see a picture of the file path to your picture.

Did you use manage attachments down below then upload the file?

Comment

maybe I'm misasing something... or I just don't know how to work a computer! I can't get a picture to upload...
                Last edited by kemper; 03-02-2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

FYI - there are several threads in the FAQ section that explain how to post pictures: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23

And we do love pics here

Comment

though i am not familiar with tige, as mine has just been ordered, in my malibu would happen on a few times a season is the wires that connected to my switches would simply pop off ( has happened in a friends brand new MC) i would trickle the batteries and give the wires a quick look at the back of the switch board behind your dash and simply reattch them, hopefully this solves your problem

Comment

Good luck! All that was wrong was the battery was dead. Trickle charged it and everything now works fine. I do have some more questions though. The boat has a few small issues that needs to be fixed such as one small tear in seat, inside of two bow speakers are cracking with center pealing, and some pther things. Will Tige fix these things since it is a brand new boat or will the dealership have to fix them?

Comment

Good luck! All that was wrong was the battery was dead. Trickle charged it and everything now works fine. I do have some more questions though. The boat has a few small issues that needs to be fixed such as one small tear in seat, inside of two bow speakers are cracking with center pealing, and some pther things. Will Tige fix these things since it is a brand new boat or will the dealership have to fix them?
                        What speakers does it have?
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

If it was brand new, tige shoud fix the vinyl and any other issues. Do the speakers look like these? If they do they are Wetsounds and Tige should take care of them.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X