Tower Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower Light

I thought I would ask first before I break it. How the heck does this light come apart. Unscrew or get pryed off. I'm concerned that I was going to break it with too much force.

Life is good...
    Happy Wife Happy Life

i would guess it un screws.it is possible the silver cap pops off.but i would imagine the clear lens has to unscrew or it would have a inside bracket that screwd down and you could see it. as i'm only 5'6" and never folded my tower down i'm not real familar with it.
    I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

You need to be careful with the lens cap because there are little plastic tabs that break really easy if you try to unscrew it by going to far. The cap unscrews from the base but you only need to turn it about a quarter of a turn or so. If you do break a tab, the cap will not seat properly and will not make the electrical connection to light the light. If you do break a tab or two, I included a web site that sells the light just in case you need to buy another one.
      http://www.discountmarinesupplies.co...re_Lights.html

Comment

Originally posted by ricsha91 View Post
        You need to be careful with the lens cap because there are little plastic tabs that break really easy if you try to unscrew it by going to far. The cap unscrews from the base but you only need to turn it about a quarter of a turn or so. If you do break a tab, the cap will not seat properly and will not make the electrical connection to light the light. If you do break a tab or two, I included a web site that sells the light just in case you need to buy another one.
        http://www.discountmarinesupplies.co...re_Lights.html
        THOSE STYLE CAPS USUALLY REQUIRE BETWEEN 45 DEGREES AND 90 DEGREES TURN TO REMOVE.THEY JUST HAVE A SHORT CHANNEL THAT THE TABS ENGAGE IN.
        I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Pres downward and turn counterclockwise......pray it does not break the tabs off. They break real easy. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks alot guys. I broken one in the past on an old boat and I didnt want to do that again.
            Life is good...
            Happy Wife Happy Life

Comment

Has anyone replaced their anchor light with LED? ANy suggestions?

Originally posted by Dave K View Post
              Life is good...
              Happy Wife Happy Life

Comment

Working...
              X