big problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

big problem

well i took my boat out this week and it was acting up on me. besides the normal vapor lock problem. it was all fine for 2 days of some riding and then it was late so i turned the nav lights on and guage lights on and they turned on a couple mins later they shut off. my blower stoped working and all the switches on the panel did not work. not even either of the 2 12 volts. (on the dash and in the glove box) but my stero still worked and gauges worked and everything else worked. what coudl be this probelm i couldnt find any fueses except the long tube ones but i couldnt get them out and i dont think they blew since it lookes like they pop out if they blow and the ign still worked fine. any help pls.

i have an 04 20i btw

I'm not an electrician or boat mechanic, but I'll jump in since a few people have read the thread but have not jumped in yet.

Based on your description, it has to be a fuse somewhere. I wish I could tell you where, but I would be very surprised if it's something else.

Have you checked for any online fuses near either of your batteries?

Comment

behind the ignition switch there is a couple of waterproof black plastic fuse holders. check them. if they popped then you still have to find out "why". atrart checking by testing the circuit of the system you turned on last and go from there.
      Greg Denton
      former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

well i finally just got back form my summer found the problem it was a little black switch right by the batt works fine now

Comment

Working...
        X