Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Wire for Accessories

2006 V24

I want to run power to the driver console to power my ballast pumps and a light bar. The pumps will be probably Tsunamis and the light bar will be a 4 maybe 5 light. I think the pumps draw 3 amps and each light will be a 55 watt. Potentially I will have 18-19 amps of power to run 4 lights, and possible 3 pumps going at once. 3 pumps at 4 amps which means another 12 amps for a total of close to 32 amps. Therefore I could be using 32 amps of power off thast battery.
    Q#1 Is this safe or just to much power draw???

I was thinking to run 2 wires to the console, 1 power wire to 2 relays for 2 sets of 2 lights, and also for 3 pumps.
    Q#2 Do you think 10 gauge wire would be enough
    Q#3 To run wire from relays to the lights in the tower could I go a smaller gauge of wire, say 16 gauge?

I was going to install 2 switches for the tower lights and wire them to the 2 relays.
    Q#4 Should I just tap into somewhere in the console for switch power to relay?

Thanks for the help.
    Life is good...
    Happy Wife Happy Life

Q1) it is safe as long as you use the correct wire size. Also make sure to do you calculation at max load 55 X5 =275W /12V = 23A (22.9) you are going to need a #10 just for the lights.
    Q2) when you say two wires, do you mean two power wires or just two wires? It will take#10 for the lights and# 14 for the pumps.
    Q3) yes if you want to run many wires. (I would only run two lights off of one #16 wire 10a X 12V = 120W.)
    Q4) that how I would do it. Just make sure your relays can handle the load.

Make sure to fuse everything. (Each relay needs it own fuse for the correct load)
    Last edited by whitlock87; 09-20-2010, 06:45 AM.
    Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

I am considering a Roswell 6 pod light bar as well. (http://www.roswellwakeair.com/content/view/21/46/

These light are a super bright 3 watt LED. I had a 4 pod on my last boat and it was pretty good. We dont go too much pass 1 hour after sunset here.

Thanks for the input
      Life is good...
      Happy Wife Happy Life

Comment

Working...
      X