Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAPS trouble

2000 21i over here in australia.
    Every time i move the taps either up or down with the motor off but with the ignition on,perfect pass on and radio on it cuts power to everything including the taps then it mover the plate and repowers the ignition and radio.Even with the ignition off and radio off when the taps button is pushed the plate mover slowly and all the gauges in the cluster gauge mover all over the place.
    Do you think it would be the earth groung and if so where would i find it guys.I havent had it in the water yet so i dont know if taps will play up while motor is running. Any help is good help
    PS the bennet pump is full of fluid if that helps at all.

Battery is low.

Comment

tapps trouble

both batterys are at full charge

Comment

I have the same issue with my taps system. I think that its a worn out taps motor. It just takes way to much electrical power to move the trim. On one occasion I actually blew a fuse moving the trim. What i learned is that I can advance the throttle above idle, which move the volt gauge closer to 14 volts, then move the trim. I havent any issues if I use it this way. But soon I would like to take a look/replace the taps motor.

Comment

Thanks for the input dert428 i will try that next time i,m in the water . I will keep you all posted

Comment

Had her in the water today and with motor running at idle speed and pushing the taps button it still turned off the pp system and all the gauges went down alittle.
            While at 2500 rpm i did the same and the system didnt improve so i,m stuffed if i know but would love someone to help me out as its really shitting me up the wall lol. the volts gauge was charging at around 13 volts while i was doing all these tests
            any help is great help guys

Comment

Originally posted by aussie john View Post
              Had her in the water today and with motor running at idle speed and pushing the taps button it still turned off the pp system and all the gauges went down alittle.
              While at 2500 rpm i did the same and the system didnt improve so i,m stuffed if i know but would love someone to help me out as its really shitting me up the wall lol. the volts gauge was charging at around 13 volts while i was doing all these tests
              any help is great help guys
              Check all grounds on guages and ground bar sounds like you have a loose one , which will cause a back feed.

Comment

i know this sounds silly but i have looked all over and cant find a grounds bar. maybe you could point me in the write direction thanks dom w forte

Comment

Under your dash you should see some smaller battery cables, red and black, and they would normally go to a bar on a carpeted pannel, get under there with lots of light and follow the black wires from your guages and see where they head.

Comment

Working...
                  X