electrical gremlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electrical gremlins

My 2002 21v has some electrical gremlins. When I used it this weekend I noticed that at idle the voltmeter would fluctuate wildly. Once the boat starts moving it settles down, but then when i adjusted my TABS system with the button on the throttle the voltmeter, and the two other gauges on the left (I can not remember what they are) would fluctuate also. Everytime I press the tabs buton the gauges would flicker.

Any ideas?

the fluctuation you see in the other gauges is because they all share the same ground. not a problem
    Greg Denton
    former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

Wow, that was a fast reply.

How do I find and fix the grounding problem?

Comment

Did you ever get your problem fixed?

My 20V is having the same problems, stereo and Perfect Pass cut out when I adjust the TAPS.

I could not find a bad ground. Is there somewhere specific I should look?
        Tom

Comment

The problem is most likely your wiring harness plug. See this post: <http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...0685#post10685>

Tip
          -Tip

Comment

ive had the same problem before, it turns out that my alternator was busted. also check for the orange wire coming from alternator, mine was fried to the point that it melted plastic housing on alt. it would be best to replace this with a thicker gauge of wiring to handle load. u can find this in the diagram of manual.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I will check into the alternator.
              Tom

Comment

buy a ground distribution block at you local auto parts store, hook it up to a fat ground cable, mount it where it is convinient and start moving your grounds to it till the problem stops. start with the taps, it pulls the most juice. a bad alternator usually kills the motor as soon as you touch the taps switch.
                Greg Denton
                former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

Working...
                X