Help wiring ballast switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help wiring ballast switch

Trying to figure out how to wire up this ballast switch properly. This is a lighted ballast switch with Fill/off/Drain. For some reason I am not understanding how/why it works the way it does.

- +12v to B and the rocker is in the down position(drain) gives power to A and if the rocker is in the up position(fill) it gives power to C.

Is this correct? What is prong D for? It just worked opposite of how I thought apparently.
    Attached Files

"D" is ground side of the lights.

The rest you have correct.
    Last edited by chpthril; 07-22-2010, 07:29 PM.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Mike! Does it need to be grounded? The lights came on without a ground wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
        Thanks Mike! Does it need to be grounded? The lights came on without a ground wire.
        Well, typically yes, but you say the light is illuminating with the switch activated and there is no ground wire on D Hmmm, must be back feeding through the windings of the pump that not in use.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I need to check again, that might have been when I was fiddling with it trying to figure it all out. Thanks!

Comment

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the help. The hardest part was getting the screws back into those stupid grounding strips that the boat uses for EVERYTHING

Comment

Working...
            X