No power to the stereo, lights, bilge or horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power to the stereo, lights, bilge or horn

I just had a new RZ4 shipped to my home and it arrived and all the dash switches do not work. I have no power to any of the switches at all. The battery is fully charged and I do have power to the starter and spedo, hours, etc, but nothing else. I checked the circuit panel below the dash and none of the breakers are switched. Any ideas. I would really like to go out this weekend for the 4th.

Nice looking boat in your profile! Glad to see to you went with the Tige. Where do you live? From the scenery, looks like maybe AZ, NV or SoCal?

Do you have the EIDB (dual battery) system, or a single battery? First things I would check are to make sure all power leads and grounds are connected to the batteries.
    Last edited by dingleberry; 07-01-2010, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Ya, I am pretty excited about the Tige. I have the EIDB system. I checked all the leads and they all seem to be intact. I looked around and I didn't find any loose or disconnected wires. It is strange because the boat will start but every other thing requiring power does not work.

I live in Henderson, NV. You live in Henderson as well?
      Last edited by Ryannjena; 07-01-2010, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Yup - I'll send you a PM (private message) with contact info. We'll have to meet up!

Hmmm - I'm not real good with electrical, but maybe the house (deep cell) battery was completely discharged. The starting battery has the juice to fire you up, but just about everything else runs off the house batt. Do you have any way to check the house batt charge?

Comment

I'll put a trickle charger on it and maybe that will do it. Thanks for your input. Yes, send me a message.

Comment

Thanks again for all your input. I checked and one battery is completely dead. Tried to charge it and it would not accept a charge.

Comment

There is a circuit breaker above the batteries, make sure its not tripped. And make sure the two main breakers on the box under the dash are on. These are the two white switches on the left side of the breaker box!

Rick D.

Comment

Same thing happened to me, I picked up my boat from the dealer, drove 7 hours to find the house battery completely dead. I bought an 09 new from the dealer so the battery sat for over a year probably without much charging. I had it tested and it was toast. I just bought a new battery and everything is fine, but it was a major PITA to get a NEW boat home and have to jump through hoops to try to find an interstate battery dealer, just before the 4th of july, in the middle of nowhere Del Rio, TX, to try to use the warranty to get a new battery, and no one in town has a battery the correct size to fit the boat...

At least Hurrican Alex didn't allow me to be on the water for 3 days this holiday weekend so I could try to find a battery to get the boat useful on a holiday weekend when everything was closed...

I've said too much, but it was good to get it off my chest.
                2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I'm thinking circuit breaker too. Did you get this boat from a dealer? I'm also in LV. You and dingles should come up to Echo one day, it was awesome on the 4th. Saw 6 other boats total .
                  "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
                  "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Working...
                  X