TigéTouch Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TigéTouch Problem

We have our 1st TigéTouch problem. It is not the screen as many may assume, but appears to be something in the underlying electronics.

Normally, when we turn the key on the blower automatically comes on (Thank you Tigé - it should be the default on all boats!) and runs for a few minutes before automatically shutting off. However, this just stopped working on our boat (2010 22Vé).
    • Navigating the TigéTouch screen switches, the blower switch shows that it is on but is not running.
    • The screen allows changing it to and from the On/Off position. However, the blow still does not work.
    • All of the other switches on the TigéTouch appear to be working properly (lights, stereo, ballast, SpeedSet, etc.).
    • The manual switch under the helm will operate the blower. So, I know that it is not the blower motor.
    • I have reset the system back to the defaults and still no luck.

I have two concerns. The 1st is that we will forget to turn the blower off and not notice when unloading and kill the battery. The 2nd and even more important is that my wife will neglect to turn on the blower because she can't easily reach the switch under the helm.

I have a call in to my dealer but have not gotten a response yet. Anyone out there have a clue as to a remedy?

Bummer - completely self-educated guess, but it sounds like an issue with the Medalion Power Control Module - moreso than the actual Medallion Tige Touch system. Hopefully your dealer comes up with some sort of simple fix. I have yet to find any kind of manual for the Power Control Module.

The only reason I poked around and investigated the layout under the helm was that my factory installed heater isn't controllable with the Tige Touch software switch (odd I thought). After some quick investigation, I realized it was not wired into the Power Control Module - but rather to the old school style knob mounted above the throttle.

Comment

Yeah, I probably incorrectly titled the thread as I believe that the problem is within the Medallion control module and not the TigéTouch screen itself. Unfortunately, there are no schematics (at least that I am aware of).

As a whole, we've been really happy with the TigéTouch interface.

Comment

The medallion system is fairly simple. All the power wires run to the box and the grounds run to a bank. Open the panel and check the fuse for the blower or make sure the wire is connected correctly.

I bet it's he fuse on the medallion master panel.
        Common Sense is not so Common
        Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
          The medallion system is fairly simple. All the power wires run to the box and the grounds run to a bank. Open the panel and check the fuse for the blower or make sure the wire is connected correctly.

Bingo Zad beat me too it. Thast the first thing I would check as well.

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post

Originally posted by kko View Post
            Bingo Zad beat me too it. Thast the first thing I would check as well.
            Ding, ding, ding...winner, winner, chicken dinner!

I finally made it back to the lake and was able to check it out.

It was a 7.5 amp fuse in the Medallion control panel.

Of course, I am not sure what caused it to blow. Hopefully, it is not a recurring symptom of a bigger problem.

Comment

Dang.... Nice work TO's

Comment

Working...
              X