Fail safe mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fail safe mode

We have 7 hours now on our Tige 21i with a Marine Power 5.7 and the speedometer just stop working and the engine goes into some kind of fail safe mode when the engine temp reaches 160. Has anyone else experienced this? I have taken to the Tige dealer but they didn't seem very sure of themselves. Any thoughts.

it wasnt the new AZ dealer was it?
    Joey - Red 20V Riders Edition

Comment

Is the boat trailered or stored on a lift? Lift bunks are notorious for breaking paddle wheels. If it's on a trailer, is the correct trailer, or did the dealer just slide one under to make a deal?

As far as the engine goes, what is the engine doing/not doing....alarm, shutting off, no throttle response, etc. 160* is normal temp.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Fail Safe Mode

The trailer is a very nice DHM trailer and it seems to match the boat well. The speedometer worked for a couple of hours and just quit while in use. The dealer is in Hayden Lake, ID. I have sent an email to Marine Power, we will see.

Comment

Fail Safe

Talked to Eddie at Marine Power, he is great, and he seem to have a pretty good idea of the problem. Something to do with the Airmar speed sensor and the ECM. This was only a problem on the early 2007. Marine Power modified the ECM logic on late 2007 and beyond. He said a reflash of the software should do the trick. We are waiting to see if the dealer knows how to perform the reflash. We will see.

Comment

wow. Had the same alarm experience yesterday while going about 25 mph, stereo cranking... 160 temp on my 2007 ve w/MP 5.7. No other problem, went away immediately...

how can I get flashed?

Comment

Get Flashed

I haven't had it done yet because the Tige Dealer doesn't have the software working. But when it is working it takes about 15 seconds to reflash the ECM. We are taking the boat to either the old Tige Dealer or a Marine Power distributor out of town. We should know next week. A real pain for a boat with seven hours.

Comment

Get Flashed

Our local Tige dealer couldn't figure it out so I called Marine Power. I got together with one of the Marine Power outlets and they hooked up their laptop and in less then 5 minutes he was done. Tested the boat today and the Fail Safe problem is solved now I just have to figure out the non-working speedo.

Comment

Working...
                X