Does my alt. wire hook to my neg. side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does my alt. wire hook to my neg. side?

I have a brown wire with a red stripe going down it, is this my alt. wire? And does it go to my neg. side?

NO! The alt grounds to the engine block through the housing. You will have 1 large wire that will come off a stud on the back of the alt and may either run to the starter, the battery's (+) terminal, or possible the "COMM" post of a battery switch. There will also be 1-2 other wires on the alt. They will be small as compared to the other and may either attach to small studs or via a connector. One is the "Field" wire and is what makes the alt start charging then the engine starts up. This could be the brn/red wire you speak of.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

If your talking about the little bitty wire on the house battery side, it's the bilge pump automatic start wire. It goes to positive! It's a brown wire w/ a red tracer. But it's no where near the alternator so prob. not what your talking about.... but just in case, thought I'd throw that out there
      Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Working...
      X