Ignition switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition switch

Hi everyone, I am new to the boat ownership world and got a 2000 21V riders edition. have any of you ever switched the ignition out to allow for an ACC setting like in a car? When I shut off the boat it turns all the way off (accessories and all) I would love to be able to turn it off with out the stereo and other accessories being turned off so I don't have to constantly be turning the stereo on. If you have done this is it a hard prosses? what did you do? Also has anyone switched the toggle buttons to toggle switches on these boats?

Thanks!

Just an FYI, going the new key switch with ACC position will not really solve your problem, as the head unit will actually be turned off and then back on as the key passes from "ON" to "OFF" to "ACC". The solution that I prefer is to wire the head-units remote turn-on wire to a lighted toggle switch. This allows you to turn on and off the head-unit when you want, and the light gives you a visual if the switch was left on.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So just find a acc switch that stays lite when I turn the boat off is what your saying? Well here is the thing (going by memory right now) The ignition only has off-on-start (know that for a fact). So after starting the boat it sits in the on position. when turning it off it only has one option...all the way off and I don't think any of the auxiliaries stay on at the point (going off of memory). Wouldn't you think?

Comment

You should have a push button on your switch panel that turns the stereo on an off. Mine works with the key on or off.

Comment

Ya but Laserfish. So say you are driving and are switching riders or something and don't want to leave the engine running. So you turn it off. Well that shuts down everything so then I have to turn it back to the on position(but not start it), push the stereo button on the dash. Then turn the deck back on and cycle back to the ipod setting. Hassle! So what I want to know is if there is another aux or acc that can still run with it in off. So when we just got to switch riders we don't have to go through that everytime you know? Does yours do that?

Comment

Below in Red

Originally posted by RYDEAZ View Post
            So just find a acc switch that stays lite when I turn the boat off is what your saying? Yes.....or wire one up

Well here is the thing (going by memory right now) The ignition only has off-on-start (know that for a fact). I agree

So after starting the boat it sits in the on position. when turning it off it only has one option...all the way off and I don't think any of the auxiliaries stay on at the point (going off of memory). Wouldn't you think? Correct. And with a new ignition that has an ACC position, you will have to pass through OFF in order to get to ACC as it is counter-clockwise of OFF. So the head unit will be powered off, then back on. This is only a slight pause in the music when listen to the radio, but can be up to a few seconds if on AUX or Sat.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by RYDEAZ View Post
              Ya but Laserfish. So say you are driving and are switching riders or something and don't want to leave the engine running. So you turn it off. Well that shuts down everything so then I have to turn it back to the on position(but not start it), push the stereo button on the dash. Then turn the deck back on and cycle back to the ipod setting. Hassle! So what I want to know is if there is another aux or acc that can still run with it in off. So when we just got to switch riders we don't have to go through that everytime you know? Does yours do that?
              You should have lots of powered devices, such as nav lights, horn, blower, bilge, etc, that should be hot all the time, regardless of the key's position. If not, your boat is a one of a kind

Comment

Cool thanks Chpthril. I am working on it today after work and will check to see which are still hot.

Comment

Mine is independent of the key, always hot. Turn it on and it stays on till you push the button again. Got to be careful though, if you turn the volume down and forget, you drain the battery.

Comment

Working...
                  X