Electrical noise through speakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical noise through speakers.

I have a 09 22ve and with the boat running with the blower fan on I have a loud electrical noise coming through the speakers with the radio on. Turn the blower off and the noise goes away. I have noticed that Tige runs the power and speaker wires from the helm to the CD player in the same wire wrap. The noise is only coming from the inboat speakers. The tower speakers are fine but they are not close to any power cables. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks guys

TO rocks

Sounds like a grounding problem.
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Yep, grounding problem. Take the ground to the Head Unit and run it to your tower speaker amp ground.

Comment

I think that you have a grounding problem. -- It just sounds more credible when it isn't coming from an 18 year old.

Good to see that you and your wisdom is still around Zad

Comment

Ground Loop

Comment

I am going to just go with everyone else. Grounding issue.

Comment

Gain may be to high on the tower amp. Both amps are connected to the same battery, both amps get their RCA signal from the same head-unit, but only noise is heard through tower speakers.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

And that is why Chpthrl is the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Moki View Post
                  I think that you have a grounding problem. -- It just sounds more credible when it isn't coming from an 18 year old.

Good to see that you and your wisdom is still around Zad
                  Thanks Moki
                  Common Sense is not so Common
                  Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Had the boat out this weekend and I found a loose ground under the helm. The noise isnt as loud now but still there. I will check the amps and see what that does. The noise is coming from the in boat speakers but not the tower speakers. I also noticed no noise when engine not running and blower fan on. So I also checked the grounds on the engine and the alternator. No loose grounds found on the engine.

Thanks for the help guys.
                    Robert

Comment

Working...
                    X