2004 24v gauge replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 24v gauge replacement

I've started a few posts here recently because I picked up this boat and have need for a lot of guidance and advice.

Another thing I'd like to fix is some of the gauges arent working. I reached out to Faria beede and they told me my gauges can't be repaired.

What are people using for replacements? I am guessing ill need to replace all guages to match or get combo gauges and have a new dash made so there arent holes

Which gauges aren’t working? Maybe the gauges aren’t the problem? My 2003 set all work, though I have had to replace the speedo sensor wheel and the TAPS2 black box.

Comment

Originally posted by isaac View Post
      Which gauges aren’t working? Maybe the gauges aren’t the problem? My 2003 set all work, though I have had to replace the speedo sensor wheel and the TAPS2 black box.
      Speedo doesn't work. Both wheels (under boat and on back) spin freely. Could be some other issue, but it doesn't work. Depth finder doesn't work. Tach doesn't work. Gas gauge doesn't work (although that could be the float/fuel sender). I'm assuming oil pressure, volt meter, and engine temp work. Not positive about that. Taps always resets to 8 when the ignition is turned off and turned back on. Not sure if that's normal. Whatever the small gauge is on the far right, that doesn't work. Looks like it's supposed to be digital. It doesn't even power on or show anything.
      Last edited by Bsevans5; 07-13-2023, 05:17 AM.

Comment

On my 22v, depth sensor and speedo wheel are in a combo unit hanging off the transom. If neither is working, I would trace the wiring from there to the instrument panel…seems strange the two separate gauges would simultaneously fail.

TAPS resetting on start is normal, and if the taps switch works and moves the plate and the gauge, then you’re normal if you’re getting full gauge and plate deflection as you exercise the trim button.

On my boat, the rightmost gauge was a blank non functioning hole filler. You can look behind the gauge under your instrument panel to confirm. I put a Bluetooth stereo head there instead.

Havent had to dig into fuel gauge on my boat, but I feel sure you can manipulate the gauge’s sensor wire to see if gauge moves. Not sure if it wants ground or +12 to get deflection as I don’t have a schematic handy. I wouldn’t experiment with it unless I knew for sure which it wants…

Comment

Originally posted by isaac View Post
          On my 22v, depth sensor and speedo wheel are in a combo unit hanging off the transom. If neither is working, I would trace the wiring from there to the instrument panel…seems strange the two separate gauges would simultaneously fail.

TAPS resetting on start is normal, and if the taps switch works and moves the plate and the gauge, then you’re normal if you’re getting full gauge and plate deflection as you exercise the trim button.

On my boat, the rightmost gauge was a blank non functioning hole filler. You can look behind the gauge under your instrument panel to confirm. I put a Bluetooth stereo head there instead.

Havent had to dig into fuel gauge on my boat, but I feel sure you can manipulate the gauge’s sensor wire to see if gauge moves. Not sure if it wants ground or +12 to get deflection as I don’t have a schematic handy. I wouldn’t experiment with it unless I knew for sure which it wants…
          Thanks for all the input. Ill check the wiring when i get the boat back.

After messing with trailer brake issues I took it to a shop Monday. Looks to be a big bill. Caliper and rotor replacements, turns out tires are 8 years old, and they haven't gotten to the lines or master cylinder yet. Ugh...

Comment

Working...
          X