House battery not chargring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House battery not chargring

I hope I just a house battery issue with it not charging. Memorial day weekend my screen went dead. Ever since then I thought my screen was out. Then I saw another post about a screen issue and dead house battery. I checked and my house battery was dead. House battery voltage was 1.09 and the start battery was 12.58. I installed a new alternator not long ago and I wonder if it is even working. I am very positive my house battery is not charging.

Fire the engine up and put a meter on the house posts and see what you read v's the main. The rotate switch to the 4 oclock COMBINE position and measure again. If you get alternator voltage in COMBINE and not in ON, then its likely the voltage relay has failed. or there is a wire or cable disconnected.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

What voltage should I see with the boat running?

Comment

Close to 14 volts.

Comment

Start battery

Comment

House battery

Comment

When I switch from on position to both the house battery goes from 12.47 volts to 12.51 volts

Comment

Originally posted by JaredW-00 View Post
                When I switch from on position to both the house battery goes from 12.47 volts to 12.51 volts
                I think you got a missing battery cable. COMBINE mechanically bypasses the voltage relay and send alternator voltage to the other side of the switch. Only other thing that would cause there to be no alt voltage showing, is if the house to main ground link is not connected. Thats my gut.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Man I have looked at every wire there is. Swapped a couple grounds. No changes. I tested the switch. Guess I will get my original one and try it. Maybe I can open this one and see if there is a bar or something out of place.

Comment

Comment

I will also double check that house ground. I just read your message again. I think I am getting close.

Comment

Comment

I tested the switch. Guess I will get my original one
                          Whoo Nelly! New what, switch? Did you install a replacement switch? Why? Whast there a problem with switch or this was done as a guess? I can go ahead that past on the hand written schematic, There are a couple things that are less then ideal and could possibly be completely wrong.

Comment

I did replace the switch. As a guess. But I did one wire at a time during the change. I will look again tonight.

Comment

Looks the same other than start and house are on opposite sides.

Comment

Working...
                              X