BATTERY WIRING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BATTERY WIRING

I’m sure this is out there somewhere but does anyone have the information/diagram/list on which wires should be connected the crank battery and which should be connected to the house battery? I know they are all labeled with primary isolator, starting, secondary isolator, and etc.
    I show cranking volts, they are just at 11.6 while running which is low and they will drop to 11.1 when using ballast pumps so I’m only assuming the batteries have a mismatched wire somewhere from previous owner which isn’t allowing the alternator to charge.
    When I trickle charge the batteries they will rise to 12.2 crank and 13.2 house with the boat off.

I dont have a schematic, but my git says there is an issue with Isolator. With the engine running, rotate the battery switch to the 4 oclock position and see what the helm voltage reading says. 11.6 is basically and dead battery. I would also want to touch a volt meter to each battery with the engine running. When diagnosing charging issues, I tend to ignore the helm voltage and go straight to the source.

Tige typically makes the outboard battery as the main cranking and the inboard battery as the house.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
    X