Switching from battcom to ACR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching from battcom to ACR

I have a 2012 Tige RZ4 and plan to switch from the Battcom to ACR. Has anyone done this yet?

ACR stands for Auto Combining Relay and they also go by Voltage Sensing Relay. The Charles battcom is an ACR.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I guess I should say I have the battcom and planning to switch to the blue sea system Auto Combining Relay. Was hoping maybe someone has done this and could take a few pics

Comment

The 2 brands are vertually the same, what are you hoping to gain from pics?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Just from reading I’ve heard they are prone to fail and the blue sea system ACR is more reliable…I’m not super smart on wiring but can normally figure things out with the help of diagrams and/or pics.

Comment

They both have a two large cables connecting the ACR to each battery, and a small gorund wire for the control coil. Other then the Blue Sea has larger battery lugs ( IIRC, the battcom uses 1/4"), and putting an inline fuse holder with a 1/4" female spade spliced to the ground wire, its a direct swap.

I can set you up with not only the Bluesea ACR, but a custom diagram that tweaks the configuration Tige uses, to make better use of the ACR and switch.

Comment

Sounds good to me…Jeremiah.Malmberg@gmail.com. Should I take pics of what I have going on currently? I bought the boat a little over a year ago. Not certain it’s factory setup.

Comment

I sent you an email

Comment

Received everything in mail today thank you!! Can’t wait to knock out this upgrade!!! MLA is always on point

Comment

Working...
                  X