illegible display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

illegible display

Hey guys, I'm not sure what happened, but over the course of a couple of weeks this display went from being fine to what you see pictured! It is totally smooth on the outside, so whatever happened is inside. So first question - is it possible to remove the entire dash and gauge cluster at once to get to this? (I also want to remove speedo and tach bezels to clean up and paint.)

Second question - any idea if there is a source for replacing this display if necessary?

Thanks for any help!
    Ritchie

2007 22Ve

What happens when you put wax or something on that plastic face? Can you temporarily see the text in the scratched up areas?

Any Tige dealership can order you a new screen. Not to bad to replace. The entire billet panel will need to be removed. It has 4 studs on the back from what I recall and the whole billet piece comes out with the gauges attached.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks KoolAid. I'll try the wax trick, but I'm pretty sure the bad areas are on the inside.

I appreciate the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Weil Thing View Post
        Thanks KoolAid. I'll try the wax trick, but I'm pretty sure the bad areas are on the inside.

I appreciate the help!
        That is my guess too but something to test. I have seen someone cut the old clear plastic off and replace it with a lexan strip. Thought maybe this could work for you.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Weil Thing Any luck replacing the LCD? Mine is unreadable as well and I'd like to replace it.
          IMG_5874.jpg
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X