main switch has to be set on both batteries to crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

main switch has to be set on both batteries to crank

I changed batteries this year, had starter issues, replaced starter but would only crank when set to both batteries. There aren’t many wires to get crossed when connecting batteries. Anyone have a quick answer for me by chance?

Did you check the voltage at the batteries?

Comment

Two likely scenarios. Switch has failed or the main cranking battery has no voltage to the cranking circuit,

#1. A quick voltage check on the back of the switch will test the switch. Switch OFF = voltage on one #1 post and one #2 post. Switch ON = voltage on all 4 of the switch posts.

#2. Common cause of no/low voltage is that a battery cable has been left disconnected. Either the ground or the smaller alternator feed from the isolator.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

according to the touchscreen my cranking battery is 14 and house is dead basically, 12v and brand new. I have issues with the house battery getting low and the screen shuts off. I’m pulling it out of the water this weekend and fix everything

Comment

Working...
        X